Developed by the USDF Judges’ Committee, this educational training program teaches judge evaluate the correct training of dressage horses.
APPLICATION (Participants must apply and mail in a check - Auditors are invited but will not be able to ask questions hence "silent auditor" in the registration.)
The L Education Program is designed with several goals in mind:
- Provide trainers, instructors, competitors and spectators' insight into the evaluative techniques of judging dressage.
- Prepare and evaluate candidates who wish to pursue entry into the USEF 'r' Judge Training Program.
- Provide continuing education for licensed judges and L graduates.
This educational training program features selected faculty of experienced, United States Equestrian Federation recognized “S” judges.
The Program is divided into two parts; each part is made up of three sessions:
Part 1- “A Judge’s Perspective” is open to all USDF Members; this is the educational foundation of the program.
- Session A (Apr 23-24) is an introduction to judging and biomechanics. View Video
- Session B (Jul 9-10) is about judging criteria for gaits & paces, movements & figures. View Video
- Session C (Aug 20-21) is about collective marks, equitation, rider biomechanics and basics.
MORE details from USDF: https://www.usdf.org/education/judge-training/lprogram/index.asp
There is no demonstration riding cost for test riders. There is a $30 day fee payable to Shannondale Farm or $100 for a 2-day overnight. Note - If demonstration riders plan to audit any part of that weekend’s session, they must pay for an auditor spot.
Sunday Riders Only – April 24, 2022
- 3 Training Level Riders
- 1-2 First Level Riders
- 1-2 Second Level Riders
Contact Caren Caverly email@example.com / 770-713-4025 to ride.
EVEN Hotel Alpharetta (Avalon area)
2715 Old Milton Parkway
Alpharetta, GA 30009
GDCTA link: (“Social Factor” rate: special 15% off for those booking for GDCTA events)
Also, volunteers are needed for all events! Register if you want to volunteer (and earn hours toward the Wilsun Custom Horse Products Volunteer of the Year Awards!) Sign up: https://gdcta.wildapricot.org/event-4662103
For Participates: Participates who cancel after confirming their participation and sending payment to attend the L Program will receive a refund, minus a $25 processing fee, only in the event a replacement rider can be found by GDCTA. Participates who must cancel due to medical reasons may receive a refund if GDCTA is properly notified in writing, via mail or e-mail, including physician statement. If no replacement is available, the Participate will not receive a refund.
Auditor tickets are nonrefundable and are not eligible for voluntary refunds.